The 90th AGM of the Society was held at 6.30 pm on Monday 26th November 2018 at Chelsea Old Town Hall.
1. Approval of the Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting held on Monday,
20th November 2017 (published on page 9-10 of the Society’s Annual Report 2017)
2. Elections to the Council of the Society.
3. Receiving the Accounts for the financial year ended 30 June 2018.
4. Chairman’s Annual Report.
5. Resolutions (if any) of which notice has been received under Rule 8.12.1 of the Constitution
6. Any Other Business.
After the meeting, wine and soft drinks were served.
1. Admission to the meeting is restricted to Members of The Chelsea Society, and official guests invited by the Chairman
2. Any Member may comment on any matter mentioned in the Report or Accounts, and may raise any matter not mentioned in the Report or Accounts if it is within the Objects of the Society.
3. Any Member wishing to propose a resolution shall give notice by sending a copy of the proposed resolution signed by him as Proposer and by another Member as Seconder, so as to reach the Chairman at 30 Paradise Row, London SW3 4JL at least twenty eight days before the date of the General Meeting.
4. Each Member is entitled to a single vote, but:
5. A Member is not entitled to vote if:
(a) his name (or in the case of a firm or company, the name of the person designated under Rule 3.2 of the Constitution) has not been on the Register of Members for a period of at least twenty one days before the General Meeting
(b) he has not paid his subscription for the current year.
(c) he has appointed a proxy under Rule 8.7
6. Any member wishing to stand for election to the Council of the Society shall give to the Chairman at least twenty eight days before the General Meeting:
(a) the name of the Member seeking election (with his consent to serve) and the names of his Proposer and Seconder (who must themselves be members), signed by the three persons concerned, and
(b)a written statement signed by the Member seeking election setting out his qualifications to be a member of the Council