We were very sad to hear of the death of Hugh Krall on 26th April 2020.
- a member of the Council of the Society 1981-2006
- secretary of the Society (1992-2002) dealing with correspondence and organising lectures
- secretary to the Society’s Planning Committee – he kept Minutes of the meetings and wrote all the letters of objection
- secretary to the Society’s Exhibition Sub-committees – producing all the display boards and setting up the exhibitions
- designer of the Society’s pictorial cards
- a member of the coordinating group of West London Traffic Reform campaigns against the motorway threat, and then our campaign for a Night and Weekend Lorry Ban, with Betty Woolf, Lesley Lewis, May Maguire, and Michael Bach
- an architect who designed and built his own house in Millmans Street, which was also his office.
- an artist, who learnt painting and woodcutting skills after retirement.
He held a number of exhibitions of pictures of the views across and along the Thames, including two in association with the Society.
There will be an obituary in the 2020 Annual Report.